As a Vigilante, I’m a big fan of quality advice, regardless of the source – even from my cutthroat blogging competitors! If you think you can provide quality, Vigilante-grade content for posting on this site, please review the following guidelines:
- Topic: Let me know about the proposed topic first, to make sure I don’t already have something lined up. I’d hate to waste your time with a write-up that I have no intention of publishing!
- Biography: Give me a little bio of yourself with the post. I may or may not use it word-for-word, but it will certainly be helpful to me in writing an introduction to the post.
- Length: Make sure the post is at least 300 words, and no more than 1,500 words (with exceptions for fantastic pieces of art…see, e.g., any of my posts). Most appropriate guest posts will probably be on the lower end of that range, around 500-700 words.
- Pictures: If you want a particular feature photo attached, feel free to submit a suggested 800×600 pixel photo with your post. If you do not submit a photo, I will find one. I’m happy to incorporate relevant photos in the content as well, but all photos will be used at my discretion and should be hosted on this site.
- Links: You can link to any other relevant posts or sources as you see fit, but there should be no affiliate or sponsored links whatsoever.
- Tone: Make it fun, informative, and preferably counter-intuitive! Think “angry Bill Nye the Science Guy with relentless optimism, a fetish for self-determination, a flair for the dramatic, and lots of swearing.”
If you’re still interested, reach out via the Contact Form or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org!